Over the past couple of years, I have been working very hard to acquire happiness, and every day I have woke up, I’ve attained just a smidge more positivity.
I have welcomed some new friends into my life, and I’ve become closer with some familiar friends that I felt happiness when I associated with. In an attempt to come “out of my shell”, I’ve done some (rational and calculated) spur of the moment things. I’ve never liked the #yolo(you only live once), but it’s very true. Life is so short and you truly have to enjoy the time that your here.
Nobody can take away your pain, so don’t let anyone steal your happiness.
I have, unfortunately, let some inauspicious people from my past make me angry. Most of us have allowed someone to make us angry. ONE MINUTE you are angry is SIXTY SECONDS of happiness that the person who made you angry, stole. Don’t let anyone steal your happiness.
Don’t let silly little things steal your happiness
Is it really THAT big of a deal? If it’s not, don’t let the fret steal your happiness.
7 more things that steal your happiness😫:
- Complaining✖️: you are what you speak, the fruit of our lips is what feeds the soul.
- Procrastination✖️: don’t put off something that you can check off of your to do list.
- Gossip✖️: Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29
- Approval seeking✖️: being liked by everyone is over-rated.
- Not keeping your word✖️: keep your joy by being careful with your commitments.
- Negative self-talk✖️: don’t be your own worst enemy.
- Attachment to circumstances✖️: learn to detach from circumstances and handle change with finesse.
Happiness is not a destination, it’s a journey 🙋♀️
7 steps to achieve happiness:
- Think less, feel more ✔️
- Frown less, smile more ✔️
- Talk less, listen more✔️
- Judge less, accept more✔️
- Watch less, do more✔️
- Complain less, appreciate more✔️
- Hate less, love more ☑️💞
For the first time in my life, I am truly happy I’m alive. I’m not perfect, and that’s ok. I’m not in a relationship, and that’s ok. There are some things that steal my happiness, but when I review the fact that I’m more focused on happiness than retaliation, it gives me peace that tomorrow will always be better because it’s one step further into my journey through life.
7 things I’m personally happy about:
- I have 3 beautiful daughters that I’m incredibly proud of! I may not see them as much as I would like to, but gosh, they are beautiful, smart, and God used me to create them!!!
- I have wonderful parents. Whether they are near or far, I know that they love me and care for me.
- I have loving family. They are limited, a majority of my family is emotionally distant, but there are a handful of family members that I know truly love me.
- I own a beautiful home. Home is where the heart is 💞
- I have amazing friends! I’m so thankful for each one of you, I really am. Do me a favor and think of the last time we laughed. Wasn’t that funny?! 😉
- I’m healthy. I may not be 100% but I’m breathing and alive. 👍
- I’m blessed by the Grace of God. He has given me a sound mind and a big heart that work together everyday ⭐️